3. What to do When you Arrive at Your Destination
Start with the basics once you reach your destination and follow these recommendations:
- Check in with loved ones at home to let them know you’ve arrived, and where you are.
- If you are traveling with a companion or group, establish an emergency meeting place, in case you get separated.
- Stay tuned to local news, or check your mobile device to stay current with news and weather in your area.
- Secure your valuables.
- Check with locals or your hotel concierge to get current conditions and maps of the area.
- Get proper rest and nourishment before beginning any new adventure, especially if it involves physical exertion, such as hiking or long sightseeing walks.
- Reset both your internal and external clocks. If you suffer from jet lag, get fresh air and sunlight to help reset your internal clock.