After preparing a Will, Estate Plan, or any legal or other important document, you may ask, “Where should I store these critical documents?”
You should store all legal or other official documents in a safe, secure space. Since these documents are essential to both your daily life, and your loved ones’ inheritance, it is important to establish both a secure space, and proper access privileges, to protect your most important documents and online assets.
Remember, both written and online documents, and digital assets – including content from computer email, social media accounts, and financial and business accounts, must be protected and stored securely.
- W ill, including executor instructions
- Medical Power of Attor ney
- Fiduciary Power of Attor ney
- Advance Healthcar e Directive (AHD)
- Health Car e Proxy
- Dir ective to Physician
- Do Not Resuscitate (DNR), if applicable
- Donor Registry , if applicable
- Estate Plan
- Life Insurance