App of the Week: Zapier
July 9, 2020
By Amanda Williams, copywriter
“What apps do you recommend?”
This is a question that the Passare team hears quite often, and it’s understandable considering our interest in technology and the tech industry. However, trying to unpack the question “what apps do you recommend?” can become confusing given the sheer number of apps available.
That’s why we’ve created this “App of the Week” series in which we highlight one app or platform per week that might make your life easier. This week, we’re taking a look at Zapier.
Zapier: “Integrate, Automate, Innovate”
Type of App: Automation
With the slogan “Zapier makes you happier,” Zapier is one of those platforms that you never knew you needed. It works by automating time-consuming tasks with automated actions called “Zaps,” thereby freeing up your time and saving you from the repetitive process of sending follow-up emails to leads, importing contacts, and more.
Here’s how it works:
- Simply select apps you want to connect to, such as social media accounts, email platform, web forms, surveys, or CRM system. Zapier offers hundreds of integrations with popular apps.
- Create a Zap by choosing a “trigger” (an event like a lead or event registration) that kickstarts the automated action, or Zap.
- Select an action for that Zap to complete for you, such as sending a follow-up email or importing a contact into your CRM system.
Since it’s automated, all you have to do is quickly set up your Zap and then watch it do all the heavy lifting for you. Zapier is secure and connects your apps, safely sending information across platforms. Zapier also offers built-in templates to make setup easier.
Cost and Availability
Not including the free version, Zapier offers four price plans, ranging from $19.99/month to $599/month. Like Mailchimp, Zapier has plans set up to grow with you as the need for more automation arises. View the price plans in detail here.
How to Use Zapier in Your Funeral Home
I think it’s safe to say that we all want to increase efficiency without putting in a lot of effort. Funeral professionals have too much on their plates to worry about sending follow-up emails to every single lead that registers for an event. So, how can you use Zapier to increase efficiency?
- Set up a Zap to send a “thank you” or confirmation email when someone registers for an event or responds to your digital marketing.
- Automatically send yourself a notification email when a contact form is submitted on your website.
- Trigger an automated email or text to be sent to families you’ve served to gather reviews or surveys.
- Explore thousands of templates to give you an idea of what you can automate.
- And more!
Zapier can make your daily tasks easier to manage. What are some tasks in your funeral home that would benefit from automation?